Most of the food we distribute (corporate donations) comes from the food industry - from growers, packers, retailers, manufacturers and more.
Benefits of corporate donations:
• Reduced storage costs. We pick up donations quickly to free your space for your regular inventory.
• We work directly with major outside storage facilities throughout the state and can quickly transfer donations to our accounts, reducing your storage costs.
• Reduced dumping fees. DEQ estimates average dumping costs at $150 per ton.
• Donating food reduces your disposal costs while providing valuable resources to families in need.
• Reduced waste. Most recent statistics show that more than 477,000 tons of food goes into Oregon landfills each year. Of that total, Metro estimates that nearly half is edible food or food ingredients.
• Our food industry donors consistently tell us that employee morale goes up when waste goes down.
• Tax receipts are available upon request for any donation.